Gluten free buckwheat flour 500 g
Buckwheat is not a cereal. It is actually a shrub fruit. Buckwheat is very suitable for people with an allergy or hypersensitivity to gluten and therefore suitable in a gluten-free diet.
Recipe for buckwheat biscuits
- 150g Peak’s buckwheat flour
- 4 eggs
- 150g granulated sugar
- 150g butter
- approx. 5g ground cinnamon
- approx. 5g nutmeg
- approx. 5g clove powder
- a bit of apricot jam
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C. Divide the eggs into yolk and egg white.
- Whip the four egg whites and granulated sugar into a rigid mass in a grease-free batter bowl.
- Use a second batter bowl to whip the four egg yolks and the batter lightly together
- mix it with the buckwheat flour and spices.
- Scoop the egg white/sugar and fold carefully through the buckwheat mixture.
- Fill a greased spring form with the batter.
- Bake the buckwheat cake in the oven for 45 minutes at 175°C until it is done and golden brown.
- Let the cake cool. Cut the cake into two layers and cover the lower layer with apricot jam; then place the upper layer on top.
Use an egg substitute for an egg-free recipe.